Thursday, November 29, 2007

Understanding The Law Of Attraction

by Sjef Van De Laak

Since I first heard of the LOA I have learnt a lot. I think by now my understanding of this Law is much deeper and profound than in the beginning and my plan is to proceed to read and write on the subject so it will only be getting better.
At first I thought that applying the LOA was similar to thinking positive. So I did my best to see the positive side of things that were negative to me, like a war, an accident you name it. It didn’t work.
Example; there are many aspects in the educational system of my children that I don’t like at all, to say it mildly. Instead of motivating these beautiful children and young adults, teachers are scaring them by telling them that, if they do not work really hard and do exactly what they are told, nothing will become of them and they will forever be unhappy and poor.
If their school results are bad (which is not so surprising considering the type of support they are getting) they are told that they did not do their best and they are not good enough. Try to think positive on this one! I am sure no one can.
Still it is hard to not think about it because after all we are talking about my sweet little children who get hurt. But then I learnt it is not exactly about thinking positive. It is more a question of taking the focus off the negative subject and put it on something positive.
As long as I keep my focus on the bad teachers, talk about them and discuss it with my children, friends and family, what am I doing? Right, putting all my attention on the bad teachers and by now we all know that Energy flows where Attention goes. The problem will only get bigger.
Instead I can choose to put my focus on my child, on the things he enjoys, on his talents (that everyone has!) and teach him that he also can choose to take his focus off the teachers and put it on something nice and joyful.
It works.

No comments: