Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Say This, Get Fired

by Honman Chan

5 things you should never tell your boss.
1. You never told me to do that!
If you say that to your boss, you boss will not be happy with that and you will leave a bad impression in his mind. You boss may say that you are not pro active in your work and you should take the initiative to do it.
2. Hey! Don’t yell at me!
He can yell at you if he wants because he is the boss and you need him to pay you salary to feed your family. But you yell at him, he will be angry and may say that you had no EQ and he may fire you.
3. I had to go home because I am tired.
If you say this to your boss, you boss will think that you did not work hard enough and he may not give you important task for you to work on and you may have difficult time to get yourself promoted.
4. That’s not my job.
Oh! I see you have a job description, do you? No, you don’t! The only job description that worth anything is the one that you said:” Do whatever you need to do to make your boss think that without you he is stuck.” Know what the person who say that will have to work at home in pajamas.
5. If you don’t give me a raise, I am quitting.
If you said that to your boss, your boss will say:” Fine you can leave now. A lot of people are queuing up for this job and they are much cheaper.”
Never ever say the above to your boss or else you will be in trouble. Saying the right words at the right time to your boss is important skill to master.

No comments: