Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Layoff Blues

by Paul Hines

Hello, my name is Paul Hines and I just got laid off last week and this feeling of fear almost overtook me until I realized that I had at least three online endeavors that I put on the back burner that I needed to put back on the front burner. I won't name them here because this article is about overcoming the fear of not having a job and pulling yourself up and getting started on something positive and rewarding.
Its times like these that you find out what you're truly made of, will you stick it out or will you fold is the question you ask yourself daily, at least I do. One things for sure, wallowing in self pity and fear will only paralyze you and have you go into a depression that you may not recover from. I refuse to give in to this unrealistic feeling of dread, Is it a serious situation? You bet it is, will I give up and throw my hands up in disgust? God no.

What I will do is get off my butt and begin to get serious about my Marketing, Advertising and Networking skills, what I will do is concentrate on my success in these marketing businesses I have, I'll knock the dust off of these businesses and work them like I'm on a mission, why? I have no choice, my back is up against the wall, I have to produce. I've made some You Tube videos, joined forums in my niche, this is my first article which I hope will be accepted, joined groups and a lot more.
The main focus here is to remain busy and productive, make sure your time is managed throughout your day, don't waste it, make every minute count for something, clean up your house or Apt. do some shopping, rent a movie, call a few friends, tighten up your resume' apply for Unemployment, talk to people every chance you get, stay busy and don't allow your mind to take you on a fantastic voyage into the depths of depression, been there, done that. There were times that I couldn't even get out of bed in the morning and neither was I motivated to.
This is a battle that only you can fight through, its not over, Its just beginning, I see a light at the end of this tunnel.

This resource comes from LIFE

No comments: