Saturday, April 19, 2008

Illusions And Fantasies

by Jesse Wade

It would be a fairly safe bet that all of us have had an illusion or two, and a lot of fantasies in our lives --- I sure have!
In my yesterdays, when I was merely a developing dude, I fantasized that I was superman, and was bound and determined to disentangle, fix, interpret, unlock, and unravel all of the "bad guys." --- and then enrapture them with the awareness, intelligence, philosophy, and principles they needed to become "good guys."
Of course, through the forwarding years, I slowly became aware that my fantasy was not to be...it was an illusion, the daydream of a child.
As my personal essence converted from a piddling bag of organic DNA to an adult dude, the fantasies slowly faded into oblivion...and there I was, gazing in the mirror at this creature, who had finally migrated into maturity.
My fantasies and illusions were gone, driven into the land of never-more...where they incarnated themselves, avoiding me like a plague.
Naturally, my mature and adult world became extremely complicated, causing untold stress on my mind, my body, and on my very essence itself. Through that ever-loving time, stress had embedded it's gripping and scrapping hooks into me. I plodded on!
Inescapably, it happened! At the young age of 62, I had a heart attack and open-heart surgery. As my aged eyes gazed into the mirror once more, the image of the piddling bag of DNA had been replaced with "something" devoid of a smile, no imagination, and depressed...for I realized that my dreams were also in the land of never-more.

Whatever it was inside me, would not give me the power to pass on. It had to be that wee flicker of light that rises with the morning dew, that love of life that gave birth to illusions and fantasies.
Today, it is a roaring inferno that cannot die...for what I didn't realize in my developing days,, was that my fantasies and illusions were not only expanding my mind, and germinating my imagination, but were also expending the pent-up energies of aggression, and frustrations...they were, and still are, part of that immortal phantom within all of us, that we refer to as our soul, that gives us the unending strength, as the song goes, to march into hell for a heavenly cause --- all you have to do is find a nice quiet haven, and listen to your heart.

© Jesse Marshall Wade is the author of 3 books, over 200 articles, and the "Free Huge Shopping & Discovery Directory"

No comments: